Applying for a Grant
Most Endowment for Health grants are strategic (invitation only). Click on the Targeted Initiative link below to learn more about the work and who at the Endowment to contact for more information.
Opportunity Grant Program
Opportunity Grants provide a responsive pool of funding for projects (including technical assistance) that address urgent needs and emerging opportunities, innovative projects, and/ or projects that build and disseminate knowledge to improve the health of New Hampshire’s people. Opportunity Grant applications are considered on a rolling basis. Visit the Opportunity Grants page to learn more.
Grant funding is limited to nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code, government agencies, schools, colleges and universities. Proposed projects or activities must serve the people of New Hampshire.
The following are generally NOT eligible:
- Grants to individuals
- Out of state projects
- Ongoing operating expenses
- Equipment purchases
- Sponsorships for events/conferences
- Capital campaigns and/or fundraising events
- Lobbying. Direct (influence legislative body) and grassroots lobbying (call to action)
- Expenses already incurred. Replacement of public funding. Sectarian or religious programs
- Directly or indirectly supporting political activities including political campaigns