Established to meet community needs and opportunities
Opportunity Grants provide a responsive pool of funding for projects (including technical assistance) that address urgent needs and emerging opportunities, innovative projects, and/ or projects that build and disseminate knowledge to improve the health of New Hampshire’s people. Opportunity Grant applications are considered on a rolling basis.
- The grant range is typically between $1,000 and $20,000.
- The grant term is typically one year or less and one time funding.
- A final report is required at the end of the grant period
Contact Sue Fulton to discuss an idea and for questions.
Grants will be limited to nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code, government agencies, schools, colleges and universities. Proposed projects or activities must serve the people of New Hampshire.
The following are generally NOT eligible:
- Grants to individuals
- Out of state projects.
- Ongoing operating expenses.
- Equipment purchases.
- Sponsorships for events/conferences.
- Capital campaigns and/or fundraising events.
- Lobbying. Direct (influence legislative body) and grassroots lobbying (call to action).
- Expenses already incurred. Replacement of public funding. Sectarian or religious programs.
- Directly or indirectly supporting political activities including political campaigns.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Advance health equity for people who lack a fair opportunity to optimize their health potential for a variety of reasons including income, age, race, culture, ethnicity, disability, educational level, geography or sexual orientation.
- Leverage resources including other funding.
- Present a compelling case regarding the seriousness and urgency of the need.
- Identify realistic, attainable and measurable outcomes that address the identified need.
- Demonstrate the applicant’s ability to successfully implement the project.
- Involve collaboration with other organizations.
- Demonstrate sustainability, if applicable.
- Serve or have the potential to serve a wide geographic area of New Hampshire and/or a significant population of NH residents.
To apply for a Opportunity Grant Application
To return to a partially completed application, Grantee Portal
Resources for applying for a grant can be found under Resources to the right.