Established to meet community needs and opportunities
Opportunity Grants provide a responsive pool of funding for projects (including technical assistance) that address urgent needs and emerging opportunities, innovative projects, and/ or projects that build and disseminate knowledge to improve the health of New Hampshire’s people. Opportunity Grant applications are due on the last day of each month. Applicants can anticipate a decision within 6 weeks of the deadline.
- The grant range is typically between $1,000 and $20,000.
- The grant term is typically one year or less and one time funding.
- A final report is required at the end of the grant period
Grants will be limited to nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code, government agencies, schools, colleges and universities. Proposed projects or activities must serve the people of New Hampshire.
The following are generally NOT eligible:
- Grants to individuals
- Out of state projects.
- Ongoing operating expenses.
- Equipment purchases.
- Sponsorships for events/conferences.
- Capital campaigns and/or fundraising events.
- Lobbying. Direct (influence legislative body) and grassroots lobbying (call to action).
- Expenses already incurred. Replacement of public funding. Sectarian or religious programs.
- Directly or indirectly supporting political activities including political campaigns.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Advance health equity for people who lack a fair opportunity to optimize their health potential for a variety of reasons including income, age, race, culture, ethnicity, disability, educational level, geography or sexual orientation.
- Leverage resources including other funding.
- Present a compelling case regarding the seriousness and urgency of the need.
- Identify realistic, attainable and measurable outcomes that address the identified need.
- Demonstrate the applicant’s ability to successfully implement the project.
- Involve collaboration with other organizations.
- Demonstrate sustainability, if applicable.
- Serve or have the potential to serve a wide geographic area of New Hampshire and/or a significant population of NH residents.
To apply for a Opportunity Grant Application
To return to a partially completed application, Grantee Portal
Resources for applying for a grant can be found under Resources to the right.